Friday, August 04, 2006

Reviews of LAMBS from Ex-Christian.net

These comments are about the podcast (5-part) LAMBS OF CULPEPER:


Go listen to the podcast of the Lambs of Culpeper at Jeriwho.net. The first of five was very enlightening. What these poor kids must have gone through! You're a sick bunch at First Baptist Church of Culpeper to allow yourselves to be associated with Chuck Shifflett. How can you sit there and listen to this abuser "preach"? Poor Chad, Woody, Liz and Robert as well as the others that have been afraid to come forward up to now. You can hear the pain in their voices! Here's the opportunity to hear the truth from the victims. Chuck, how can you face the people of Culpeper or your family knowing what you're quilty of? I feel so sorry for his wife, kids, and grandkids. They're the innocent ones who will stick with him to the end. God have mercy on you Chuck because it's clear that you don't care about anybody but yourself.

posted: 7/24/2006 3:39 PM EST


I've just listened to the Lambs of Culpeper on jeriwho.net. Wow! what an eye opener. Chuck Shifflett should be locked away where he can't hurt another child. Why is he still walking the streets of Culpeper and pastoring a church? The man is a criminal! Protect your children if you're still supporting Shifflett. What's wrong with you people.

posted: 7/25/2006 12:21 PM EST

I just listened to the podcast. It bought back every feeling I had as a teenager at Ripley Community Church over 35 years ago. The feelings of being alone, afraid to tell because you'd be called a liar and a sinner. Afraid to that your family would be made to also reject you and see you as evil. It actually made me gag to hear Chuck's voice again. What an evil, evil man. Janet is just Pathetic. She must really enjoy the position of being "Preacher's Wife" to turn a blind eye.
My heart felt sorrow for each and every victim...even those of us from 35 years ago.

posted: 7/25/2006 1:28 PM EST

Christians and non Christians I hope everyone will take the time to listen to the tapes [the podcast---Ed.] and hear the evil that lurks among us. They are very telling of the man I knew shifflett is. In the lambs04 tape it was the most evil and also confirms my thoughts that shiffletts wife Janice was apart of his evil and wicked ways! She's not as innocent as she leads people to believe. Some say she is as much as victim as the ones in the tape but In my view she doesn't look like, nor act like a victim. I say, she likes the roll she is playing and enjoys all the benefits from it too. I just would like to know where was all the men of the church where during all this abuse? They had to have know of some of the abuse that shifflett was dishing out to these children. Listening to inserts of his sermons how could you believe this man to be a Godly man when he speaks with such a wicked tongue. I think there was alot of people that let these children down,some parents,the elders, Deacons,teachers, of this church. How could they stand by and allow these things to happen? I don't care what you was gonna loose or if you had to leave the church, at least you would know that you tried even if you diden succeed in helping these young victims that evidently had no one to listen to them or believe them. I would like to say to the victims that I as a christian am sorry for what you have went through, most of all I am sorry that there where no adults willing to stand up for you at the time cause they where worried about themselves and what they would have to give up, not keeping in mind what these young victims where giving up then and now! God Bless you victims and may you see justice.

posted: 7/27/2006 11:48 AM EST

I have just listened to the Lambs of Culpeper, all 5 of them.... This brings back so many rotten memories that I had blocked out. It made me feel like that teenage girl trapped in Shifflett's web and noone would believe what we told anyone about him. I, alot like Woody and Liz, know that there is a God and believe that there is a God, but just cannot understand WHY!!! I have not found a church yet that I have felt comfortable in enough to stay. I always fear for my children to go to church because I just don't trust anyone. I have a lot of issues in my life because of how I was brought up and the things that I went through at Calvary and at home growing up. The people that you thought that you could trust turned out to be the ones that you couldn't. As a child you are supposed to be able to trust your parents and preachers, but they turned out to be the one that you didn't even want to be around.

When I got in trouble at school and Chuck would take me into his office to talk and tell me how much of a "screwed up teenager I was and how I would never amount to anything and I was a slut and a hoar" and then you go home and try to tell your parents and they say that what the preacher says is true cause he is a "man of God" and was only saying that "cause he cares" what was a teenager to do. Or when you got beat up (as I call it) by someone who is supposed to love you and care so much as say that is what you deserve when you talk about the preacher and live the way you do. And Chuck backed them up and told them that is what they were supposed to do. No I don't think so. That is not what should have ever happened. I would never do that to anyone I love and no preacher will ever tell me how to raise my kids. One thing I have vowed is that I will always listen to my children and make darn sure that if my kids ever come to me with anything like this God help whoever tries to hurt my family.

I pray that Charles Shifflett is punished to the full extent of the law and that Tom Reese won't be able to get him out again. As for the person who said that they think that Charles Shifflett has something on Tom Reese I totally agree with you. I think that he has something on a lot of people and when he goes down he will pull them right along with him.
As for Chad Liz Woody and Robert thank you for coming forward and letting the world know about Charles Shifflett. This could save some of the children of the future. Thank you Jerri for doing your interviews and putting it out for the public to hear.
Praying for justice for all of the victims even the ones that didn't come forward.

posted: 8/03/2006 2:51 PM EST

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home